Well Water Systems
Well Aware Program
As a private water well owner, it is your job to be well aware — to understand the basics of well maintenance and operation, and to take the necessary action to keep your well in safe running order.
Well Aware conducts free home visits by a trained Water Advisor to help rural well owners identify priorities for action to protect their drinking water source. The visits, which are voluntary, confidential, and non-regulatory, guide you through a self-assessment to help identify and address potential risks to your well water.
What will You gain?
- information on how best to protect your water
- recommendations about your well, at your well
- a written report containing the information and recommendations discussed at the visit
- local resources that specifically address your needs
- ability to talk about your well with an independent, trained guide
For more information, please visit WellAware at http://www.wellaware.ca/
Well Water Testing
For detailed information, please visit the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit at http://www.healthunit.org/water/