Well Water Systems
Well Aware Program
As a private water well owner, it is your job to be well aware — to understand the basics of well maintenance and operation, and to take the necessary action to keep your well in safe running order.
Well Aware conducts free home visits by a trained Water Advisor to help rural well owners identify priorities for action to protect their drinking water source. The visits, which are voluntary, confidential, and non-regulatory, guide you through a self-assessment to help identify and address potential risks to your well water.
What will You gain?
- information on how best to protect your water
- recommendations about your well, at your well
- a written report containing the information and recommendations discussed at the visit
- local resources that specifically address your needs
- ability to talk about your well with an independent, trained guide
For more information, please visit WellAware at http://www.wellaware.ca/
Well Water Testing
Regular water testing is an important way to check the safety of your drinking water. The Township has a supply of water testing bottles from the Health Unit available at the Municipal Office, 217 Harper Road, during office hours. Telephone: 613-267-5353 or 1-800-810-0161.
For more information including steps on how to properly collect your water sample and where to drop if off, please visit http://healthunit.org/health-information/drinking-water/well-water-sampling/.