Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
March 22, 2021
Health Unit Pausing Some Services to Manage COVID-19 Cases and Vaccine Distribution
The Health Unit will pause some services until April 9, 2021 to be able to effectively manage and contact trace positive cases of COVID-19, and to continue with the COVID-19 vaccine roll out. “This temporary change allows us to focus on managing the high volume of COVID-19 cases and high risk contacts while continuing to move forward with our COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan” explains Dr. Paula Stewart, Medical Officer of Health for the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit.
During this temporary change phone lines remain open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 7 days a week at 1-800-660-5853; and by calling 613-345-5685 after-hours for emergencies.
Temporary Changes to Services:
- -SmarkWorks services are available at Brockville and Smiths Falls offices; and service can be requested at a different site if needed
- -Coolers and sample bottles for well-water testing are available at Brockville and Smiths Falls offices
- -Breastfeeding, sexual health, and non-COVID immunization clinics are cancelled. Clients with urgent breastfeeding, sexual health, or non-COVID immunization issues can contact the Health Unit at 1-800-660-5853
COVID-19 Services Available:
- -Case and Contact staff continue to complete case management and contact tracing for positive cases of COVID-19
- -Outbreak staff continue to manage suspect and confirmed outbreaks of COVID-19
- -Public Health Inspectors continue to complete high-priority inspections and respond to complaints
- -COVID-19 vaccine clinics continue to operate as scheduled – For more information about eligibility and booking appointments, visit: https://healthunit.org/covid-19-vaccine/
- -Assessment Centres are open for testing: https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/assessment-testing-results/
Information about Health Unit services is available by visiting https://healthunit.org/service-changes/ or follow us on Facebook and Twitter @LGLHealthunit.